Friday, September 18, 2009

I recently watched the movie The Diving Bell and the Butterfly. For anyone who is depressed, this movie may just jerk you out of your depression. It's a foreign film, something I used to think I liked but quickly came to realize that many foreign films are very slow-moving, and for a Gemini who is quickly bored, we don't mesh. I am willing to watch some foreign films as long as I'm not bound to a seat. Even with regular movies, I have a tendency to get up and do things while the movie is playing. Either I will think of something I need to do or I will get bored and FIND something to do.
Speaking of boredom, I rediscovered metromix.com and am stoked to try out the free wine tastings at Rum Runner. I wish I could go to plays more often. I think the last one I saw was at least two years ago. Yes, it was in Indiana while living with my roomie. It's always nice to find free ones but of course sometimes the quality is exactly what you pay for.
One of my favorite things is getting gift cards with the points I earn on my debit card. It makes spending money not such a guilty thing. I've always been a saver, ever since I earned my first allowance. When I was around eight, I would save my clothes. As in, I wouldn't wear them because I was "saving" them for later. I ended up outgrowing a dress I particularly liked after wearing it just once. So now, I save my points, which is a good thing because the more points an item costs, the better the deal. For example, a five-dollar gift card costs 3,00o points but a ten-dollar gift card costs 5,500 points, for a savings of 500 points. I decided awhile back that this would be my way of justifying a date night. I pretty much only go on date nights with my boyfriend if I have a gift card. Thus I usually buy the cards that are for restaurants. I've gotten Red Lobster, Macaroni Grille, TGI Fridays, Olive Garden, and one or two more. I wonder how the person thought to name a restaurant Macaroni Grille. Has anyone ever grilled macaroni? I don't think that would work.
I'm rather disappointed in my financial situation right now. I had thought I would be set this semester what with financial aide and Joey working full time but...it hasn't worked out quite as expected, mostly because I had to put all my summer courses on two credit cards. I'm very conservative with debt so I paid off one entirely and the other I paid half off. I would have paid off the whole thing if money allowed. Hopefully next semester will be better. I'm just so tired of waiting for the future. That's ok in some ways, but not others. It makes me wonder if it will ever be good enough, if I will ever get to a place where things are as intended. I think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment