It often amazes me at how such small things can make such a big difference. Like having clean dishes. Or a freshly-vacuumed floor. Or having a flat screen monitor instead of a hulky one. Flat screens are such space savers! And when you live in a 600-sq-foot apartment, you take all the space you can get. Even moving a single box seems to clear up so much space. I've mentioned before how excited I am to move because I will have a yard. I also want tile floors for when the cats puke or whatever hazards happen. But one of the things I'm really looking forward to is having people over! I'll be able to put the dogs in the back yard and the cats will just run and hide. I like to entertain, or at least I think I do, but I haven't done it much....because of the animals and small space to which we're confined.
I'm also excited about decorating. I put up a few things here but when I know it's temporary, it's hard to get too into decorating. I'm mostly excited to make use of space even though we will hopefully have a little more. I'm going to put up SHELVES. High up, so that none of the four-legged kiddos will get to them. And, as I may have mentioned before, I have some of my very own artwork to hang. It's not the typical bowl of fruit stuff. If I say what it is, it will sound boring and peculiar. So I'll just leave it to the imagination.
Along with the art thing... I have wanted for a few years now to have a sculpture of myself made (in the nude). Now, this probably sounds extremely vain, but I don't think my body is any better or more gorgeous than the next person's. I just like it. And I think the human body is beautiful. It's more about general beauty and appreciation. The human body is fascinating. Any slight mix-up in the DNA and you get a person with Downs Syndrome, or Fragile X. The slightest event has the biggest impact. There are so many systems, organs, cells, which must all work in harmony. If one organ has a bad day, the whole body suffers. Organs don't get to have bad days--at least not without consequences. So not only am I fascinated by the way the body works but also by its beauty. I think skin is beautiful, which is why I don't have any tattoos. I prefer original beauty.
Back to entertaining, I think it would be fun to serve desserts (I'm not a fan of going all out with huge meals, but my boyfriend might be up for it) and wine. Mmmmm. I miss girls' night. So hopefully that can be revived, except with new girls since all my old girlfriends live in other states. I also want to have a game night which can be a mix of people, males and females, couples and singles. One of my sort of guilty pleasures is linking people up in my head, who would make a good couple with whom. So perhaps I could act on this a little more or do some actual match-making during game nights. So many ideas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment