I was looking at my last few blog titles and realized I focus a lot on the future. This certainly isn't a bad thing, but I want to take this post to realize the things I have now, for which I am thankful.
In no particular order:
1. Joey
2. The freedom the US offers
3. Family, especially the members I like (haha, just kidding)
4. Old friends who I still keep in contact with
5. New friends who I am still learning about
6. chocolate
7. my dogs: Revan, Eve, and Annie
8. my cats: Goliath, Xhosa, Zane, Mamacita, Simmy
9. financial aide!
10. autumn
11. cool breezes blowing in the window
12. KMart's sale today
13. Unconditional Chocolate ice cream
14. bark collar (I tried everything but it came to this)
15. my laptop
16. my car
17. my jobs
18. Joey's jobs
19. good health
20. mail
21. the Kona Blend coffee I bought yesterday
22. my five senses (sight, touch, taste, smell, hear)
23. love
24. for the "churchagogue" I found that we love
25. phone calls
26. the opportunities I have on a daily basis
27. pizza
28. literacy
29. thrift stores
30. movies
31. new and funny TV shows like Modern Family
32. M&M's
33. holidays
34. pillows
35. electricity
36. running water (lots of people around the world still don't have this)
37. college
38. music!
39. new experiences
40. new places
41. honesty
42. coupons
43. all the food in my fridge and freezer
44. candles
45. doors (to separate certain animals at times)
46. beer
~ Intermission: I would just like to say I'm amazed at the transformation the shock collar has had on Revan. Two shocks and he hasn't barked all day. This 100-pound beast is hiding under the desk at which I'm sitting at the moment. Two shocks!~
47. blankets
48. nice neighbors
49. brownies
50. hot tub
51. having a dishwasher
52. having a great boss
53. the beauty of nature
54. hay-rack rides
55. cooler weather in the desert
56. wedding websites
57. facebook--it helps me keep in touch with long distance friends (why do I feel like I need to defend this?)
58. email
59. ebay
60. windows--on the house, to open--not the operating system
61. friends who know how to fix my car
62. macaroni and cheese
63. soup
64. lists
65. clothes
66. hot showers
67. good teachers
68. knowledge
69. wisdom
70. low interest rate on credit card
71. earning points on debit card!
72. order
73. police, firemen/women, paramedics
74. democracy
75. free market
76. peace and quiet
77. walks with dogs
78. quality time with Joey
79. clean water
80. books
81. games
82. all of my human abilities
83. emotions
84. furniture
85. the bus
86. my amazing body (I'm not cocky--I mean the amazing inner workings of the human body)
87. shelves--it may sound dumb but they are such a great organizer
88. cell phone
89. pictures
90. art
91. internet
92. languages
93. lovely in-laws (they're close enough to being my in-laws)
94. the ability to travel
95. random acts of kindness
96. Joey
97. helpful people
98. calculators
99. the toaster oven!
100. presents
101. empathy
102. seasonal flavors (especially of ice cream)
103. the fireplace
104. traditions
105. innovations
106. planes/trains
107. all the jobs I've had and things I've learned from them
108. job raises and promotions
109. nicknames
110. different cultures
111. the ability to communicate, despite how often it doesn't work
112. grass--no, seriously, this isn't a code word for weed. I really love green grass.
113. comic books, mostly for the sake of Joey, though I've gotten into a few
114. medicine, even though I try not to use it
That's over 500 words, believe it or not! Woo-hooo! I wasn't sure if I'd make it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment