I still am not 100 percent. I'm much improved for sure, but my nose is fickle about when I can use it. But it is the weekend and I got a decent amount accomplished today. I did laundry, picked up the dogs' messes and vacuumed, and made banana bread. I had 11 total rotten bananas to be used so I got rid of some of them. It didn't turn out as great as usual because I forgot to put in spices. I used a different recipe than usual and it didn't even call for any spices. Now I know how much of a difference it makes. It's kinda funny: I have all the ingredients necessary to make banana bread but I don't even have enough things to make a regular meal.
How do plates and cups go missing? I understand this happening at a frat house or other place where parties are prevalent, but there are two people living here and we rarely have company. The cats once knocked a glass off the counter at night, but that was one instance, one glass. We don't have a backyard to even take drinks outside, so that's out. There must be a glass fairy. Too bad she doesn't leave money in exchange for my glasses. Most of them I got from thrift stores so she'd likely leave me more than I paid for them!
I love thrift stores. I buy a large majority of my clothes there, along with dishes, pet stuff, furniture, etc. For my wedding (in about two years) I don't even want to register for stuff because I would LIKE if people got it thrift. I wonder how to let people know that. There is such an abundance of STUFF in the world, and I like when dishes don't match. Unique plates and cups tell a story; they each have a story to tell. Some things at thrift stores look brand new and some things ARE brand new, as told by the price tag still attached. I also like thrift stores because they don't support sweat shops. These days, pretty much every major clothing manufacturer uses third world labor, or sweat shops. I have read articles that single out a few in particular, but that doesn't mean the instances are isolated. It simply means some companies are better at covering it up than others. On the other hand, sweat shops are the only source of income for some, which is why I don't have a problem buying new when it comes to things like underwear and bath towels. But if a tag says "Made in Mozambique" or any other third world country, you can bet it is a sweat shop. Corporations will get away with whatever they can. If I remember, in the future when I have kids, I want to use buying clothes as a whole learning experience. We will check the country in which the article was made and then find it on a map. I'm not great at geography and it could be a fun experience to do with a kid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment