Monday, November 16, 2009

Classes

I rather like taking 15 credit hours per semester. I feel like it's an appropriate amount, especially with upper division courses. However, I am considering taking 18 credits next semester. There is a class that my Education adviser pointed out to me that I need to take before I can graduate and I didn't have it in my schedule plan. I could probably take it the following fall (a year from now) but I hate to put things off because before ya know it, you've then got too much on your plate. I think I'd rather take it in the fall because like I said, I already have 15 credits this spring. Plus, I was hoping to start up tutoring again to bring in a little extra income. Taking 18 credits will make that nearly impossible. I really don't know how people do it. I had a girl in a summer class this past summer who has gone to school year round since her freshman year, every fall, winter, spring, and summer session. She's there, every session offered. She's a triple major, in three useless degrees. This semester she is taking 22 hours total. Outrageous! She also teaches English to refugees and actually got me started on it. Oh, and she is also Vice President of Mock Trial. I admire her but at the same time, what a life! I like not being so busy all the time. I did it for awhile, working about 55 hours a week at two jobs. It gets really old really fast. But it's such a catch-22: if you work all the time you have money to spend but no time to spend it, and if you don't work too much, you have time but no money to spend. Ha! But I hear other countries have it worse as far as work week. Italy works six days a week. But then, they have a siesta time every day where the shops close down for a few hours in the afternoons. Still, I'd much rather do five days of work with two days off, as opposed to their six-day setup with siestas.

Joey and I went to look at houses today. It's so much fun, but at the same time depressing because we still have three months left on our current lease. We have considered breaking it because we want out so badly, but it would be very costly, probably $800 minimum. We found some great places today, meeting our two main criteria of a YARD and tile floors. Having a yard is the whole point of moving, so that is absolutely a deal breaker. And in this case, size most certainly matters. Some places have a little ten by eight foot plot of dirt that they consider a yard. That just won't work for me and my large dogs. I'm a reasonable person, and don't expect a huge yard either, but there needs to be ample space for the dogs to tear around and get their energy out. I took them to my mother-in-laws today and yesterday and it is sooooo great when we get home. They just lie around the rest of the evening, not fighting, not really doing much of anything. This is how it will be when we have a yard!

No comments:

Post a Comment