Thursday, November 19, 2009

Perfect Bedtime Snack

Three more months until I can move! We've been taking the dogs to Joey's mom's house and it works wonders. It's like magic. Having a yard will literally be life-changing for me. The dogs are a major point of stress, because of their fights and their messes. I've already looked at so many potential places online, even though I know I can't get one for three more months.

I just had the perfect bedtime snack: vanilla ice cream and Kahlua. Mmmmmm. Kahlua makes me want to sleep. My roommate started me on it three years ago. She would have it in milk to help her fall asleep cause she had an anxiety disorder where she didn't handle stress very well. So she would use it to get tired. She didn't do it all that often and neither do I. It's a nice treat. Actually, I hadn't had Kahlua in a long time but it was uber on sale a few weeks ago so I picked it up. Now that I think about it, she mixed milk, Kahlua, and a little vanilla. Perfection. I never realized until I mixed Kahlua with ice cream that it really DOES taste like coffee. The aftertaste does, anyway. I always knew it is considered "coffee liquor" but I never tasted much of the coffee.

I will be seeing this old roomie in less than two months. That is so strange. I haven't seen her in over two years. Sometimes I think it sucks that people are so transient. But it was me who moved, so I shouldn't be too upset about that. I learned the hard way. I originally moved in with her cause our mutual friend got married and thus her old roomie needed a new one. So I moved up there. Then that mutual friend moved away just less than a year later. Not so far, but far enough that seeing her required prearrangement, of at least a week or two. Hopefully it will be like a reunion and we can all see each other again, same time, maybe same place. Plus, there is a fourth girl who we are friends with and she is back home, which is Ohio for her, from her crazy adventures on a cruise ship and in Hawaii. I had always planned to visit her in Hawaii but I never could. Money was an issue, along with time. It sucks. I always make an effort to see people. Actually, this friend does too. She is one of the best people I know at keeping in touch with friends and family and she knows so MANY people. It seems like a full time job, with all the people she knows!

I guess Joey found a little kitten at work today. So it's coming home with him. We won't keep it--clearly we have enough cats. And since it is a kitten it will be easy to adopt out. The cool thing is that right now we have two black cats that look identical, and two gray striped cats that are even more identical. But we have Joey's orange cat which has no match and this kitten is orange. So Simmy would have a match! Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment