Everyone loves free stuff. No, really, this is perhaps the one thing that the human race could agree upon--at least more than any other topic. It is for this reason, primarily, that I love craigslist. I haven't really gotten too much from it. Just an enclosed kitty litter box. But today I hit the jackpot. I realized that Saturdays are the best day to check because that's the day people clean out their garage or attic or backyard or whatever strange place stores junk. I found two desks and a bookshelf for free today. The desk looked too big to handle on my own, and my boyfriend was at work all day. Things on craigslist tend to go pretty fast, so time was of the essence. I contacted one of my guy friends who didn't answer. Then I contacted his roommate. He responded right away and I had to quickly get ready to go out and pick up the furniture. The ad had been posted at 11:31 am, and it was now 1:30 pm. Two hours is a long lifespan for a free craigslist ad, but it wasn't too far away from my apartment so I decided to go for it. My friend was out at a store, so he met me at the address. He actually arrived first and told me over the phone that the stuff was all still there. YES! So I get there and the desk is a great one, very sturdy. Stuff these days just isn't built to last. Even computers poop out after two or three years when they used to last five or more years. So we load the bookshelf into my trunk, a breeze cause it's small and not so sturdy (easily fixed with the help of some brackets, unlike desks which wouldn't benefit so much from brackets). Then we take the desk, larger than it looked in the picture online (I hear people look different in their pictures online too), and attempt to load it in my car. My Volvo is having none of it--the door doesn't open nearly wide enough. My friend has his bike in his car cause he was at a bike training thing earlier this morning and so we put his bike into the backseat of my car. Then we loaded the desk into his trunk. He just so happens to have a tow rope that came in handy to secure the desk, which was sticking a decent way out of his trunk. Anyhow, we got the two things home without any further problems and I found out it functions as a bonus for my cats. They think it is their playground and have been jumping up, down, and ducking through the shelves.
I got stung by a wasp tonight. I was planning to study at the UA library but apparently it closes at 9 on Friday and Saturday nights. Bummer. I was looking forward to making progress. The wasp sting happened at my mover friend's house. I haven't been stung by one of those fockers since I was about ten. This time it was on my neck. I'm not allergic or anything so it wasn't too big a deal. My friend didn't have ice so he gave me one of those icey-pops to put on it instead.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment