It's strange how the weather does things to people, and to animals. Moods change with the seasons and animal behaviors change. One time at the dog park, when I used to take my dogs, it had rained earlier in the day and that evening, the dogs were much more rambunctious than usual. There were also more fights than usual. Joey used to get depressed during fall and I always used to think he was just making it up or milking it if he really was slightly depressed. But now I fully believe him. While living in Indiana for a year, I was often depressed due to lack of sun. It wasn't that the negative 26 degrees got to me. I can handle cold as long as it is sunny. But without my precious sun, my mood spirals downward. Maybe I have that one relatively new syndrome, "SAD" or whatever it's called, where a person gets sad with particular seasons, usually fall and winter. That's the main reason I left Indiana. I grew up in Kansas, a state that is in the top ten for number of days of sun. Arizona happens to be number one in the US. I really liked Kansas because it has four clear seasons. Tucson has two, maybe, and Indiana has three, maybe four. But Indiana winters are incredibly long, just as Tucson summers are. Kansas is a happy medium. I don't know if I could ever live there, but the older I get, the more possible it seems. However, I would never live in my home town. It is far too small. But in a larger city, that might work. Joey is afraid of tornadoes, though. But that's what basements are for. And of all natural disasters, tornadoes have considerable advanced warning and very low levels of fatalities.
In other news, the kids' movie, Up, is by far the saddest kids' movie I have EVER seen. Joey and I both cried our eyes out, even though he would never admit it to a soul. The sad thing is that the wife of the old man dies, after they had spent their entire lives together. Literally, they met when they were about nine or ten and she died when they were at least in their 60s. It breaks my heart to see an old couple split apart by death. I've only been with Joey for three solid years and known him for four, and I already feel so attached to him. I can't imagine living without him, and I'm not trying to be cliche. This is after only three years! Imagine a lifetime! But I guess whatever happen is supposed to happen. I try to see the good in every situation, but damn! That's a tough one.
And finally, my half birthday is less than a month away. I think I'm going to a little baking party to celebrate. Well, it's not really FOR me, but it just so happens to be the day after my birthday so I will be celebrating even if no one else does. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment