I was sold on global warming when it first exploded into the media. I drove less, recycled, and did anything I could to help the cause. Then, they changed the name to "climate change" instead of the formal "global warming" because just maybe, this warming is a natural occurrence happening over many millions of years, potentially even having nothing to do with humans. Thing is, every time anyone requests hard evidence, none can be provided. The UN did a study on trees, and supposedly something with their rings was an indication of global warming. However, when pressed for their data, so that other science groups could test the UN's results, the UN suddenly couldn't find it. After a few months, after more pressure for data, the UN finally stated that they had destroyed the data in an attempt to clear some much-needed space. Later still, it was discovered that the UN had only used a total of 12 trees to conclude their results. Anyone with the most basic knowledge of science knows that the larger sample obtained, the more reliable the results. Even middle-schoolers do experiments with more that 12 test subjects.
Having said all this, I certainly don't think cars and factories are helping our environment. One need not look far to find pollution. So, climate change or not, I am still an avid recycler and I do what I can to save energy and protect our earth.
But having mandates in the US to stop climate change is rather preposterous. If scientists aren't even sure it has a human cause (many removed their names from the document on climate change shortly after signing it) and aren't able to prove that it does, why are we making concrete LAWS to stop it? Furthermore, the US is only one of seven continents. We undoubtedly have more cars per capita than any other continent or country, but I think the output of our factories pales in comparison to that of China. Efforts to stop climate change need to be global, meaning everyone takes part. Creating stricter laws in the US will only create more outsourcing, to places that have minimal regulations on pollution. Obviously, this further hurts our economy while China's continues to boom. So not only are we hurting our own economy, we are further aiding China's hold on the world market. The US is already greatly in financial debt to China, and now we will be putting even more jobs over there. I don't mind the Chinese people prospering, but I do have a problem with how they do things. Their government is extremist and seemingly corrupt, as I witnessed during the summer Olympics with the 86-pound gymnast who appeared to be 13 at most. Half their team was underage, and magically the birth certificates of the girls in question had be pulled from public record, along with recent articles exposing their ages.
If the supposed climate change is of human cause, then it should be a worldwide effort to stop it, or at least slow it as much as possible. But until I see solid evidence, not from the UN, I will remain skeptical.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment