I may have mentioned that Joey found a kitten this weekend. He has a soft spot for animals, especially cats, and so he brought the little orange guy home. Because we have other cats, we have been keeping the new addition in the closet (which is large) in case he has feline leukemia or feline AIDS until we get him tested. Both my dogs have expressed some interest in his meowing, but I was only concerned about Revan's behavior due to his aggressive history. So today before I left for school, I put Revan in the living room, and put Eve in the bedroom, which is where I usually put both dogs. Eve could handle being in the same room with the closeted kitten.
I arrived home slightly earlier than usual, to Revan excitement, as usual. Eve wasn't banging on the bedroom door like she always does so I went into the bedroom to see what was going on. The bathroom is connected to the bedroom in my apartment. I didn't immediately find Eve upon opening the bedroom door, which is usually the case. Her jumping body will spill into me on regular days. I looked around the room and didn't see her. Where could she be? I went over to the bathroom and noticed the door was shut. I opened it, and out comes Eve. But not just Eve. She dug up the floor and half the door frame. I guess she went into the bathroom and sat or lied down which caused the door to shut behind her, locking her in the tiny bathroom. She panicked and tried to dig her way out. The linoleum is totally trashed. She went through several layers of flooring. Then she must have seen light through the crack of the door frame because she tried that option too. I was stunned upon seeing the whole spectacle. My first reaction was to cry, but then I laughed, and then I just stood there, wondering how to fix it.
When Joey came home and found the destruction (I at least swept up the loose chunks and pieces to make it look a little better), we decided that I will have to get a "regular" job to make up for this. I really don't think the destruction is too bad, as I grew up with a family who fixed everything ourselves. But Joey thinks the sky is falling and we could definitely use some "extra" income. Luckily, I think my classes will be a little lighter next semester, and at the very least the schedule is more favorable. I do tutoring right now, which pays exceptionally well, probably the best any college student could feasibly make, but the hours are very limited. Joey suggested I do some sort of seasonal help just for the next month or two. I definitely want to. I had thought about it before, but with several assignments piling up, I put the idea aside. Now, the idea has been shoved in my face, courtesy of Eve. Ah, the joys of pets.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment